I can’t believe that it’s already June…. Spring flew by at warped speed! I hardly had time to buy a pair of chelsea rain boots or even get my hair colored. I’m not sure why but every time summer rolls around I feel more like myself than ever. Maybe it’s the fresh air, the smell of lilac shrubs from the backyard wafting in through my windows, or being able to lay out at the beach soaking up some much needed Vitamin D, but I always feel so much more relaxed. Living in Minnesota, summer months are precious. It’s cold for about 8 months out of the year so you have to try and pack as many adventures as possible into the nice summer days that you get. As you all have probably noticed by now, I’m not a huge fan of following and trying out every single trend. I like to stick to the classics, the timeless looks.
“Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way you live”- Gianni Versace
So here’s a list of summer trends approved by non other than yours truely, Miss Hailey Christine.
- 70’s inspired silouettes- Anything from bold vintage patterns, trapeze dresses, to slim flare jeans.
- Flatforms- The “it” shoe for the season, give me a pair with a wooden bottom and I’ll be happy as Holly Golightly in Tiffany’s!
- High waisted anything- Swimsuits, denim, pencil skirts- you name it. I love it. ESPECIALLY high waisted wide leg pants.
- Off the shoulder tops- perfectly paired with a cute pair of ankle pants for date night with my hubby!
- Military inspired accessories- a pair of cool girl boots and some studded accents are perfect for running around exploring the town with your girls.
- Nautical accessories- I am obssessed with the ocean and marine biology. Anything even remotely nautical inspired and I can’t resist!
- Effortlessly glamorous maxi dresses- There’s something so greek goddess about a flowy maxi dress, sandals and effortlessly wavy hair.
My top 7 summer staples, Hopefully you can use a few of these to amplify your summer wardrobe!
Until next time my beauties,
Miss Hailey Christine