Hello lovies! Guess what? It’s officially been 1 year since I first entered the blogosphere (Can I get a whoop whoop?!) I am proud to say the journey has surprisingly taught me a lot. Besides all of the technical stuff, I have found a few clichés about fashion bloggers that definitely ring true in my daily life. I thought some of them were a little funny so I compiled a list to share with all of you beauties. If these apply to you, maybe you’re a natural fashion guru at heart?!
- Wearing all black is your daily uniform. You’ve tried buying things in colors, but they just hang in your closet with tags still on… Neutrals=Life
- Your diet consists of three major food groups-1. Coffee 2. Macaroons, and 3. Wine. Anything else you only eat because people think you’re weird if you go out and only order dessert and wine.
- You have a obesssion with all things vintage. You can find hidden treasures at any flea market or estate sale.
- You’ve spent most of your life thinking that you were born into the wrong generation. (I was meant to be born in the 1920’s..) I have an unreal obsession with The Great Gatsby, the Roaring Twenties, Prohibition, and Downton Abbey. It’s a Lifestyle I think I belonged to in a previous life. Carey Mulligan was a beautiful Daisy Buchanan, but I could have channelled that role flawlessly….
- Your instagram is all pictures of your breakfast, your dog, or OOTD- it’s totally normal for you to take a picture not looking at the camera. Straight on selfies are so cliché..
- You know who Choupette Lagerfeld is and find yourself scrolling through her instagram for inspo simply because she’s so damn puuuur-fect!
- Your credit card number is memorized and you’ve been told you need to join Shopaholics Anonymous.
- How do you feel when there’s no coffee? Depresso. Starbucks is everything. The baristas know your name, where you work, notice when you come in at a time different from your normal routine, or simply highlight your hair.
- When people talk about the Bible you first think of religion, then assume they’re talking about Vogue.
- You find yourself wishing you were French or Italian. Not for the accent or beautiful culture, solely so that you would have a last name fabulous enough to be a name for an iconic fashion house.
- The obsession with your pet is real. Who needs kids? They’re your baby.
Happy summer my beauties! Stay tuned for my next post, My summer fashion favs and what trends to look for this fall!
Miss Hailey Christine